Limit templates to certain groups

I want to limit Template A to only show as an option for editors in Groups 1,2,3 and Template B to only show in Groups 3,9,15. Possible? Right now we have all templates showing to editors in all groups.

I was reading this page Page Templates - LiveWhale Support but I don’t see a way; perhaps I am missing something obvious.

That article mentions, in the Setting Template Permissions section, that you can presumably store templates anywhere and then assign permissions to them in the group editor. I’m not sure what the best practice is nowadays, though, since it is recommended to store templates in /_ingredients/templates, and that appears to make them available to everyone.

Exactly my thinking. But as we have a lot of templates that are worthless to most groups, I would like to hide those, except to those who need them.

I think you could create a folder like /_ingredients/group_templates for the ones you want to hide. They wouldn’t be automatically discovered by LW, but I think you can still mark them as templates in their Edit Page Details. Then assign permissions for specific groups to use those templates in the Group Editor. At least that’s how we used to do it, but again, I’m not sure how this fits with best practices these days.