Issue with a shared, reoccuring event b/w two calendars, and the iFrame not showing certain dates

Hello.
We have an interesting situation with a shared, reoccurring event series. I’m going to show the original issue, and then the secondary issue which occurred after the admin tried to remove/recreate the events to solve it.

Original issue: the reoccurring event series was created in the Carillon Tower calendar, and shared with Rockefeller calendar. The Carillon Tower shows the correct times of 11:30am and 4:30pm in the LW admin portal and the public facing LW page for the Carillon calendar group.

[Autumn Carillon Tower Tour]at 11:30am and 4:30pm daily

and these show correctly on the public page with Carillon Tower:

But when shared with calendar group, Rockefeller, the time of the events in the Rockefeller admin panel, public facing page, and their website iFrame, showed two hours later, 1:30pm and 6:30pm.
image


website Host an Event | Rockefeller Chapel Website

and day view
image

The Carillon Tower admin then deleted the original series from Rockefeller, and shared them again, but this time they are now showing 12:30pm and 5:30pm within the Rockefeller admin portal and public site, and not showing at all past Sept 30 within the iFrame on the website, even though they are live in LW.
For reference, original from Carillon Tower showing 11:30am and 4:30pm events

But Rockefeller shows 12:30pm and 5:30pm

And now, the Rockefeller website iframe, only shows the event on Sept 29, not any in Oct, even though the Oct events are Live.

Perhaps the iFrame needs some time to update? Although I don’t think so because when she deleted the events, they disappeared immediately. We have cleared cache but that didn’t help.
They don’t show in the calendar view in October at all

but they do show if you go into the day or week view for October, although still at the incorrect time.


I’ve confirmed the timezone for the calendars are the same, and this just started happening today for some reason. I apologize I can’t seem to find the cause. Thank you for your help in investigating this one.

Update on this, the Rockefeller events have been marked hidden for now so that the incorrect time isn’t showing.

Thanks Lanny. We’re working on reproducing this issue on our test servers to see what we can discover. So far we are seeing at least some of the behaviors you describe (fewer events showing up on the front-end month view, even when hide_repeats=false in the settings) so that’s encouraging in terms of our ability to reproduce this. We’ll check it out and will be in touch.

1 Like

Hello Karl.
We tried testing again yesterday to see if we could figure it out, we think the bug is with the Carillon Tower.
From the admin:
"The test event was created in the Carillon Tower calendar as a single event and when I shared it to the Rockefeller calendar, the time was correct. When I recreated the Carillon Tower tours as a repeated event, and then shared it to the Rockefeller calendar, that is when the time is changed.

Just now, I created the 11:30 AM Carillon Tower Tour as a single event in the Carillon Tower calendar, shared it with the Rockefeller calendar, and the time is correct.
I then also created the 4:30 PM Carillon Tower Tour as a repeating event and shared it with the Rockefeller calendar, and the time is shifted to 5:30 PM

Only the first event in the series is showing on our website. When you look at the October 1 listing on the Carillon Tower calendar backend, it does not show that it is shared with the Rockefeller calendar, even though they are shown on the backend of the Rockefeller calendar.

As a test, I shared the 11:30 AM Carillon Tower Tour from the Carillon calendar to the Spiritual Life Office calendar and the time is correct on the SL website. I shared the 4:30 PM Carillon Tower Tour from the Carillon calendar to the Spiritual Life Office calendar and the time is correct, however, not all the dates are on the website in the regular page view. I can see 9/30, 10/6, 10/9, 10/14, 10/15, etc. When I select “109 Total,” then all the 4:30 PM tours are visible."

She has since deleted the Carillon Tower Tours again because she cannot risk having it appear at an incorrect time.

Thanks Lanny,

We’ve been able to reproduce the issue with a repeating event series that gets shared immediately sometimes causing issues with those events appearing on other group calendar views— we’re working on a fix to that.

We haven’t been able to reproduce the issue with times appearing differently. Is it possible the Edit Group pages for those two groups might have a different Timezone setting in the group settings? If that’s not it, please feel free to submit a Help Request for the group in question and we can go hands-on to investigate what might be going on there. Thanks,

Karl

Hello Karl.

I had that thought too, that the timezones for the two groups were different, but they are not, that’s the first thing I checked. I will open a separate ticket.

Thank you