Content Layout blockquote rewriting a righthand quote mark

Anyone else ever seen this sort of behavior? If I have a blockquote that itself has a set of single-quote mark, and I use my Content Layout blockquote tool, then the righthand quote mark gets changed from curly quote to straight.

It will be rewritten (straightened) if I am editing either the regular text or the source code.

And if I make a blockquote using the standard tool in the editing toolbar, all is fine though.

See this example with both kinds of blockquotes (and the two ‘jack of all trades’):
https://www.lclark.edu/live/news/57855-story-with-two-blockquotes

Hi Morgan,

Thanks for reporting this and the test case! We did hang onto this one and have found the place in core where <arg id="...">...</arg> were being quote-straighted due to some other widget behaviors, but the unique case of WYSIWYG content in <arg id="content">...</arg> makes sense as an exception to that. We’ve rolled that into our next minor/patch release for LW3 (we anticipate more news on CMS3 testing is coming soon, too!).

Karl